Greenlight v3 - favicon

Phill. Whiteside

Mar 11, 2023, 8:39:21 AM3/11/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

excellent work!!! Really like what you've done in the admin section. The only bit that I cannot find documented any where is how to edit the favicon. This should only ever need doing once, much as the Brand Image.

Regards,
Phill.

Samuel Couillard

Mar 13, 2023, 10:18:59 AM3/13/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Phil,

Thank you for the feedback.

There is no way to personalise the favicon through the administrator panel yet.

It is a feature that could be considered for the near future.

Thank you.

Phill. Whiteside

Mar 15, 2023, 8:27:17 AM3/15/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I do hope that it comes soon, brands are particular (look at the BBB favicon) about such 'small' details.
You can see it at work in https://bbb.faircam.net/b which was hard coded by one of our team and gets overwritten each update.

Regards,
Phill.

Brandon Zylstra

Mar 19, 2023, 6:23:06 PM3/19/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

You could probably solve this problem with a reverse proxy that replaces the favicon with one of your choosing.

--
Brandon Zylstra
brandon...@gmail.com

Phill. Whiteside

Mar 20, 2023, 3:49:42 AM3/20/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

my sysop who likes Nginx has sorted it, I've asked that he pass on how he achieved it, as it is pretty much a once done, never revisited.

Regards,
Phill.

Andreas Klein

Apr 28, 2023, 10:39:31 AM4/28/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
My way to do this for Greenlight v3 and BBB 2.6.x

Put the favicon.ico in a suitable path, like /var/www/bigbluebutton-default/favicon/

and add favicon.nginx to /etc/bigbluebutton/nginx with the following content

location = /favicon.ico {
    alias /var/www/bigbluebutton-default/favicon/favicon.ico
}

Rajendra Kumar

May 25, 2023, 2:27:10 AM5/25/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andreas,

Can I change the browser title also?

--
Thanks,
Rajendra Kumar

Rajendra Kumar

May 25, 2023, 6:45:18 AM5/25/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Team, Is there any option to change favicon browser title...?

Andreas Klein

May 26, 2023, 7:31:29 AM5/26/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
You can change the browser title in the BBB session:

For Greenlight v3, you need to change the code as described in

The relevant file is

app/views/layouts/application.html.erb

nginx could replace the title but only one location block for the same location is allowed in the nginx configuration, you you would need to modify

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton

and add the rule and redo this every time bbb-config was run or BBB was updated.

It would be great if also the tile could be configured via the Greenlight v3 .env file.