FreeSwitch

Ali Alhaidary

May 3, 2022, 10:04:14 AM5/3/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to disable FreeSWITCH all together and use bbb depending
on kurento or mediasoup only?

Regards,

Ali

Paulo Lanzarin

May 3, 2022, 10:09:51 AM5/3/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Not right now.

Ali Alhaidary

May 3, 2022, 10:27:14 AM5/3/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

asim quadri

May 5, 2022, 3:23:28 PM5/5/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi All,

When I'm executing this command  /opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml, I'm getting the below error

/opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/opt/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml: line 1: `<?xml version="1.0"?>'

Can anyone help me out

Thanks,
All

Brent W. Baccala

May 6, 2022, 9:46:20 AM5/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
That file is not executed as a command.

What are you trying to accomplish?

    agape
    brent

asim quadri

May 6, 2022, 3:34:26 PM5/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
I'm integrating bigbluebutton API with an application

Brent W. Baccala

May 6, 2022, 6:52:57 PM5/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
The API instructions are here: https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/dev/api.html

vars.xml isn't used at all by API clients.

    agape
    brent

asim quadri

May 7, 2022, 3:34:32 AM5/7/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Can we assign IP instead of the domain to bigbluebutton below is the URL?

This is the API URL;- https://mconf.github.io/api-mate/#server=http://213.136.94.11/bigbluebutton/&sharedSecret=

Fred Dixon

May 7, 2022, 6:46:08 AM5/7/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
HI Asim,

> Can we assign IP instead of the domain to bigbluebutton below is the URL?

The browsers will enforce a domain name + valid SSL certificate before they let any web application request access to the user's webcam, microphone, or screen.  So a bare IP address won't work.

You're going to need to give yourself some time to learn more about linux, web browsers, and BigBlueButton.  Also, don't post unrelated questions to existing threads (this thread is on FreeSWITCH), as it makes it harder for the original poster to ask follow-up questions.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton