BBB installation

Reeya Manandhar

Aug 19, 2022, 10:52:38 AM8/19/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello all,
Can we install multiple instances of BBB in a single server by means of virtualization or any method to install several instances of BBB in a single server?

Pablo Pico

Aug 19, 2022, 4:33:55 PM8/19/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,
I do not see any reason to not be able to do it. Each virtual server should have its own ip address
But i do no see any reason to be willing to do it. It is better to have separate servers for separate instances.

Brent W. Baccala

Aug 21, 2022, 9:31:22 PM8/21/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
I run multiple BigBlueButton servers on the same physical server using virtual machines with few problems.

The biggest hassle is IP addressing, when I'm running multiple BigBlueButton servers behind a NAT gateway with a single public IP address.  It can be done, though.

    agape
    brent