Problem with speaker volume getting low on iOS

hyunho

Sep 22, 2021, 11:56:00 AM9/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Test results on 7 BBB servers.

On iOS 14, 15, when I turn on the microphone, the other party's voice is heard low.

 However, speaker volume is restored when the microphone is turned off.

 According to user feedback, the issue also occurred in 2.3.8 ~ 2.3.12.

The test environment is BBB 2.3.13 (2444). Is this an official bug?

Or is there a workaround?

 Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Ali Alhaidary

Sep 22, 2021, 12:11:59 PM9/22/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com, hyunho

Hi,

Are all devices running iOS 15 work as expected, or having connectivity problems ?

Ali

Message has been deleted

hyunho

Sep 22, 2021, 2:58:44 PM9/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
We tested it with two iPhones and one iPad set with IOS 14 and 15.

BBB was installed on each of the seven servers and tested by connecting to all of them.

This problem did not occur on PC or Android, but in IOS, the other person's sound becomes very small when operating the microphone.

In the case of IOS 15, it was also found that the microphone connection became unstable when the participant entered while the presenter was operating the screen sharing function.

In the case of the image below, even though the presenter did not share the screen, the connection that occurs when the microphone is turned on becomes unstable (IOS 15).

Perhaps it is assumed that a problem occurs if the participant enters while the speaker continues to deliver the voice through the microphone.

This is because when the participant's microphone is turned off, the speaker's voice returns to normal.

If you look at other posts, safari on MacOS often seems to have problems, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve these problems with Apple devices.

KakaoTalk_20210923_022234284_3.gif

2021년 9월 23일 목요일 오전 1시 11분 59초 UTC+9에 ali.al...@the5stars.org님이 작성:

hyunho

Sep 22, 2021, 4:26:58 PM9/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Through several studies, we have discovered how we can reproduce the situation in which the speaker sound of the participant decreases in mobile IOS.

1. The presenter first activates the microphone or screen sharing function in the classroom. (Activate the audio function in the screen sharing function.)

2. Participants access the meeting room and operate the microphone.

3. At this time, an error occurs in IOS15, but the microphone operates after 2-3 attempts.

4. Even if there is no microphone connection error, the participant's speaker volume is less than 50%.

This phenomenon is confirmed in both BBB 2.3 and 2.4.

2021년 9월 23일 목요일 오전 3시 58분 44초 UTC+9에 hyunho님이 작성: