A combination of BBB and google speech

Łukasz Kurowski

Sep 14, 2021, 5:35:04 AM9/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi, I would like to combine BB with google speech. How much can such functionality cost? is anyone willing to write such a functionality?

Hiroshi Suga

Sep 14, 2021, 7:21:08 AM9/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I don't know exactly what you mean by google speech, but closed captioning (speech recognition) is already implemented on Chrome and Edge browser.

Łukasz Kurowski

Sep 14, 2021, 8:41:10 AM9/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
1. Support for Polish and English
2. The teacher sees what the student is saying
3. The teacher sees a complete coaching of what the students say
4. the students can see what they say on their screens

Hiroshi Suga

Sep 14, 2021, 9:15:57 AM9/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Unfortunately, only what the moderator speaks will be converted to text in the current implementation. This uses the browser's functionality (no cost), not the speech-to-text API from Google cloud.

Łukasz Kurowski

Sep 14, 2021, 9:34:10 AM9/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I understand you, but I need a two-way exchange. because this is my design assumption. additionally, it must be recorded.