Problem connecting with microphone with Chrome on Mac OS

Duane Bemister

Sep 18, 2021, 1:10:15 PM9/18/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I am using Brave and Chrome on our Macs to provide the tab screen sharing feature.
I'm currently using Google Chrome  Version 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (arm64) on my iMac M1. When I try to join or start a room I get a timeout waiting connecting to uch test. This does not happen with Brave or Safari. I can connect with listen only.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.08.26 AM.png

Fred Dixon

Sep 18, 2021, 1:15:40 PM9/18/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Duane,

I'm running Version 93.0.4577.82 on a Macbook Air with the M1 processor.  I can join https://test.bigbluebutton.org/.

Are you able to join https://test.bigbluebutton.org/?

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Duane Bemister

Sep 18, 2021, 9:14:27 PM9/18/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Yes, I can connect to your server. I am running Client build: 2187
You can try connecting to our server here.
I'll run it tonight and tomorrow morning with a looped video

Fred Dixon

Sep 18, 2021, 9:20:10 PM9/18/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

I just tried it and was able to connect both audio and video.

Regards,... Fred

Duane Bemister

Sep 18, 2021, 11:53:33 PM9/18/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
That's odd definitely not working for me here in Chrome with the room running or starting it. No problems connecting to my Room at: https://bbb.schoollibraries.net/b/dua-u0c-i9m-bxt Client build: 1351 I'll try downloading a new copy of Chrome.

Fred Dixon

Sep 19, 2021, 8:11:52 AM9/19/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Duane,

Can you put yourself on a (temporary) hotspot and try connecting bbb.allwestbc.com again and let us know if that makes any difference.

Regards,... Fred

Duane Bemister

Sep 19, 2021, 11:25:25 AM9/19/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Fred
This morning after a reboot Chrome is connecting. I think it might have had something to do with running both Chrome and Brave at the same time. Defiantly not a problem for BBB. Thanks for the help.

Manas Kapoor

Sep 22, 2021, 3:03:26 AM9/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are facing the same issue on https://bbb.allwestbc.com also
please see the attachment

Samsung Mobile Chrome browser version 93.0.4577.82
OS: Android 11
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 12.30.06.jpeg

Henry L

Oct 20, 2021, 7:26:27 AM10/20/21
to BigBlueButton-dev

I'm having the same problem but on Ubuntu. It also happens at https://test.bigbluebutton.org/.

Ubuntu 20.04
Chrome (94.0.4606.81)
BBB: 2.3.14

Captura de tela de 2021-10-20 08-24-05.png

Henry L

Oct 20, 2021, 8:52:18 AM10/20/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I didn't restart chrome or bbb, but after a while, I tried again and it worked on both my installation and test.bigbluebutton. I have no idea why, maybe something in Chrome itself.