BigBlueButton 2.4-rc-3 released

Anton Georgiev

Oct 21, 2021, 7:07:57 PM10/21/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are pleased to announce BigBlueButton 2.4-rc-3!

This release of BigBlueButton 2.4 includes numerous fixes and stability improvements.
Link to installation command / instructions/ schedule / planned features : https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.4/new.html

We thank ZKI https://www.zki.de/, the German association of Higher Education IT centers, for funding some of the development of recent BigBlueButton releases to help improve the scalability and usability!

Thanks to the community members who provided feedback to the earlier 2.4 releases!

This release includes all 2.3.x changes up to and including 2.3.15.

The full release notes for 2.4-rc-3 are here

To try out 2.4-rc-3, visit

Or, better yet, grab a Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit server and install the latest version yourself (it will take only a few minutes):

If you want to report any potential security issues with BigBlueButton, please e-mail us at secu...@bigbluebutton.org

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.

Anton

Phill. Whiteside

Oct 23, 2021, 3:43:14 PM10/23/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just done a clean install of 18.04 and popped BBB 2.4.rc3 onto it. Can you pop a note into https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.4/new.html#installation to mention the use of -g to install Greenlight, it often catches me out and I then have re-run the command (minus the TLS stuff) with it. Other than that, it seems to be behaving very well.

Regards,
Phill.

Vu Nguyen

Oct 30, 2021, 7:31:43 AM10/30/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,
Thank you for the great work. We installed BBB 2.4.rc3 a few days ago on clean Ubuntu 18.04.  Audio quality is great but we experience webcam drops very frequently with error "Media server fails. Please try again". We try again, the webcams are on for a short while and gone again.

I ran 12 BBB servers in total and BBB 2.4.rc2 does not have this issue. I hope this webcam can be improved in the official release.

Kind regards,

Fred Dixon

Oct 30, 2021, 8:00:23 AM10/30/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
> Can you pop a note into https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.4/new.html#installation to mention the use of -g to install Greenlight, it often catches me out and I then have re-run the command (minus the TLS stuff) with it.

Done.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Oct 30, 2021, 11:19:59 AM10/30/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

You should describe your use case/ how many video cam streams, server cpu/memory and look at the media server logs for the exact error you are getting and provide the details so someone can assist you in identifying the issue.

Do you have any changes the the standard configs?

Are you using Kurento?

Regards,

Stephen