Problem BBB 2.3 using GL

Amir Asgari

Jan 10, 2021, 1:31:58 PM1/10/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
HI

I am using BBB 2.3 using GL.

Both are updated to the latest version.

For a meeting till 130 people everything work fine. after 130 people we are encountering greenlight problem server error . greenlight can not connect to BBB.

Error 404
error 500

users must refresh several times to connect

Fred Dixon

Jan 10, 2021, 8:23:41 PM1/10/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Amir,

In 2.3-alpha4, can you try increasing the number of workers for nodejs, see

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Rajesh Mallah

Jan 10, 2021, 11:11:08 PM1/10/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
Its great to hear that BBB can now use multiple cores in the same system. I have 2 queries

1) In document we read max num is 4 , is it really so?

To enable multiple bbb-html5 nodejs processes, edit /etc/bigbluebutton/bbb-conf/apply-config.sh and
add setNumberOfHTML5Processes 2. The default is 1; the maximum is 4.

2) In future will it also be possible to spread the processes across multiple servers ?
I am from (devops background) new to the innards but intend to get involved, asking just to know.

Kind Regards
Rajesh Mallah

Amir Asgari

Jan 11, 2021, 12:32:35 AM1/11/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi fred,

I set 3 for this, however with 3 I saw this problem.

For more than 130 users

1. Error 404
2.Error 500 invalid ....
3. Problem with receiving video
4. Similar server with 2.2.31 no problem till 200 users

1&2 need refresh to solve ...

Fred Dixon

Jan 11, 2021, 4:32:44 AM1/11/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Amir,

> For more than 130 users

> 1. Error 404
> 2.Error 500 invalid ....

Thanks for letting us know.  We're working hard on 2.3-dev and should have 2.3-alpha5 out shortly.

Regards,... Fred

Amir Asgari

Jan 11, 2021, 11:18:54 AM1/11/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.

I looked at logs.

Sometimes related to safe host. sometimes url. sometimes xml tag. The reasons were different , but all could be resolved by several refreshing the browser.
all this happened just more than 130 users. I think this is related to the scaling of the project.

Fred Dixon

Jan 30, 2021, 10:39:26 AM1/30/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Amir,

We've released 2.3-alpha5

Interested in your experiences after updating to this release.

Regards,... Fred