How to enable more interaction in BBB?

Qiu Bo

May 5, 2018, 3:13:42 AM5/5/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Dear all,

I wonder if you can offer suggestions on how some interactions can be done in BBB during a session? Thanks a lot

1. How to allow anyone to roll a virtual dice?
2. How to play music synced for everyone so teacher and students can sing along?
3. How to have leaderboard for students in session so teachers can give them credits for actions taken in class?

Reposting from Users group to here as it appears to be more appropriate.

Best,
Bo

Fred Dixon

May 5, 2018, 5:34:32 PM5/5/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Bo,

> 1. How to allow anyone to roll a virtual dice?

There isn't anything built-in for this, but someone could certainly fork the code and develop such an extension.

> 2. How to play music synced for everyone so teacher and students can sing along?

The synchronous playback of audio/video is on our road map.  See

> 3. How to have leaderboard for students in session so teachers can give them credits for actions taken in class?

Same as (1).

Good suggestions Bo.  Our focus right now is on the HTML5 client, but if any interested in working on any of the above, see

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

Qiu Bo

May 5, 2018, 6:43:10 PM5/5/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks a lot Fred. I look forward to BBB getting richer and better day by day

Best,
Bo

Qiu Bo

May 5, 2018, 6:54:02 PM5/5/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Another question:

Is there a way to embed some HTML or js code into the actual meeting view (flash version) without needing to recompile? If yes, then it will be relatively easy to do some creative things.

Best,
Bo

Chad Pilkey

May 7, 2018, 12:26:55 PM5/7/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
My suggestion would be not even bother trying to embed HTML in the Flash client. You show HTML formatted text, but that's about all that works well.

Qiu Bo

May 8, 2018, 7:29:46 PM5/8/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Chad! Understood.

For the HTML5 client, was some flexibility to add in 'gadget'/plugin considered? It will be so cool to have such expandability.

Best,
Bo

Chad Pilkey

May 9, 2018, 11:57:11 AM5/9/18
to BigBlueButton-dev
It would be a little easier with an HTML client, but it would still require work to put in new content. The HTML5 client was designed for mobile first and then for desktop so there's no easily configurable windows and there's always the question of where do you put the new content while also making it make sense on a phone or tablet.

Miguel LLorente

Jan 9, 2021, 10:42:09 AM1/9/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
I know this is an old thread, but Pilkey's suggestions actually sound very interesting to me. Any guidance on where to start towards implementing chat commands?
Best.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Jan 11, 2021, 10:39:52 AM1/11/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Describe your requirements a bit more,   “chat commands”  can you define the use case

Regards,

Stephen

Miguel LLorente

Jan 11, 2021, 12:46:14 PM1/11/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thank you Stephen for your reply. If you type 2D6 in google search, google will actually roll two six face dice for you. I'd love to have a similar thing in the BBB chat. Today we play with a dice, maybe tomorrow we can use the chat to do some other things (mute someone, play music, end the meeting, ...).

Best regards,