speech to text

Сардор Назаров

May 15, 2023, 10:55:31 AM5/15/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Guys, here's a question. Does bigbluebutton have the ability to translate spoken language into text? Or do I have to use a third-party application?

Reimar Bauer

May 15, 2023, 1:16:56 PM5/15/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 4:55 PM Сардор Назаров <thatle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys, here's a question. Does bigbluebutton have the ability to translate spoken language into text? Or do I have to use a third-party application?

yes by a chrome browser and you need to enable this in the backend  see

Сардор Назаров

May 15, 2023, 1:40:54 PM5/15/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
is it available in Russian? Or only English?

понедельник, 15 мая 2023 г. в 20:16:56 UTC+3, Reimar Bauer:

Andreas Klein

May 20, 2023, 8:33:27 AM5/20/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
What about other languages, at least the Google Api pages seem to show support for many more languages.

FreeScholar

May 21, 2023, 11:49:06 PM5/21/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
BBB version 2.6.7  has speech to text dictation working in Chrome. Has not yet worked for me.  BBB is now using an open source translation engine, not Google. More languages are being added and there is much work being done, and much more work to do. The outcome will be freedom, from Google. Of course this means a period of discomfort as achieving freedom is a process and we move  more slowly than a multi-billion dollar machine. So, I poke around and find ways to help, or wait for things while using work-arounds
Just talking about it is really helpful - raising awareness.
Meanwhile, do what ya gotta do. It is not easy, but it is possible!

Pedro Beschorner Marin

Jun 3, 2023, 6:54:41 AM6/3/23
to BigBlueButton-dev