BigBlueButton 2.7.7 released!

Anton Georgiev

May 3, 2024, 1:46:57 PMMay 3
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are pleased to announce BigBlueButton 2.7.7.

This iteration of BigBlueButton 2.7 contains multiple improvements on the client side, a patch for breakout rooms creation specifically affecting MacOS Chrome users, added support for extra locales for transcription and other improvements.

Link to installation command / instructions/ features : https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.7/new-features

The full release notes are here
https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/releases/tag/v2.7.7

To try out 2.7.7, visit
https://test27.bigbluebutton.org/

If you want to report any potential security issues with BigBlueButton, please check https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/security/policy#reporting-a-vulnerability

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.

Anton and team

Nikola

May 4, 2024, 3:45:49 PMMay 4
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Updated the server from 2.7.6 to 2.7.7. Everything went quickly. On Monday there will be > 70 users. Among the features: IPV-6 support is disabled on our server. so you have to comment the lines in /etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton # listen [::]:80; # listen [::1]:82 http2; # listen [::1]:81; I do this every time after installing and updating. Everything works fine. (It is possible to add to the documentation).
Thank you. good luck
Sincerely, Nick.

пт, 3 трав. 2024 р. о 20:47 'Anton Georgiev' via BigBlueButton-dev <bigblueb...@googlegroups.com> пише:

Nikola

May 4, 2024, 3:50:41 PMMay 4
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Grafana monitoring and recording from manishkatyan also works.

сб, 4 трав. 2024 р. о 22:45 Nikola <ngz...@gmail.com> пише:

Daniel Schröter

May 5, 2024, 3:54:52 AMMay 5
to BigBlueButton-dev
Nikola schrieb am Samstag, 4. Mai 2024 um 21:45:49 UTC+2:
IPV-6 support is disabled on our server

Just out of interest: Why you turn of IPv6?
As most people have IPv6: With IPv6 it works better on our side as with IPv4...

Nikola

May 5, 2024, 6:20:09 AMMay 5
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
on the rented server (free) there is no support for ip v6

нд, 5 трав. 2024, 10:54 користувач Daniel Schröter <daniel1s...@gmail.com> пише:

Rajendra Kumar

May 16, 2024, 11:19:10 AMMay 16
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Can we install BBB 2.7.7 on Ubuntu 22 as AWS has removed Ubuntu 20 from the AWS console?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rajendra Kumar

+91 9717780530 – INDIA

Anton Georgiev

May 16, 2024, 11:43:14 AMMay 16
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajendra Kumar,

BBB 2.7 requires Ubuntu 20.04. BBB 3.0 (in alpha state still) runs on Ubuntu 22.04 and there were _lots_ of changes required to make this possible.

I can still see Ubuntu 20.04 in the AWS consoles. Perhaps check another region? 22.04 is not an option for BBB for another couple of months (until 3.0 is production ready).

-Anton

Anton Georgiev

Project Manager / Software Developer | Blindside Networks Inc.

anton.g...@blindsidenetworks.com
blindsidenetworks.com
Ottawa, ON

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BigBlueButton-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bigbluebutton-dev/CAHCCZDz%3D-M3ewTPMv_DG%2BW%2BM_E4xqKNBKx2f-1cBHtOZ2Vdhqw%40mail.gmail.com.

Rajendra Kumar

May 17, 2024, 3:16:44 AMMay 17
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton Georgiev,

Can you please share the region name where Ubuntu 20 is still available?