Modarator camera video autoplay problem

amgui...@gmail.com

May 30, 2023, 8:07:15 AM5/30/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

We are using BBB 2.6.6 version. We use a listen-only room where our users only can use public chat to communicate to moderators. We have experimented an issue with some users (6% more or less). You can see the issue in the video.

When Listen-only user connect, moderator’s video is not reproduced automatically, and they have to allow it. They can see a message soliciting permission to reproduce them. Beside, after give the permission, moderator’s camara video is black, and they have to manually start the video.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Regards.

cameraError.gif

Antonio Guirado Puerta

May 30, 2023, 12:43:25 PM5/30/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,

I can reproduce the issue in demo3.bigbluebutton.org server:

1- Create a room
2- Go into as moderator, block micro for viewers and share a camera
3- Go into as viewer (everything works)
4- Press F5 in viewer's browser. Then a permission is solicited to play audio and moderator's camera doesn't work (you need to allow the access).

If you give (very quickly) the permission to play audio then camera works.

Regards
camera.png