Greenlight and BBB API reg.,

Srikar Ghone T.I.M.E. Hyderabad

Oct 23, 2021, 12:49:56 AM10/23/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Everyone,

Is there any possibility to start a Room through BBB API, where the room is created through Greenlight GUI User.

Looking forward for the solution.

Regards,
Srikar.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Oct 23, 2021, 7:01:49 AM10/23/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

But if you look in the nginx logs, you can see the exact create call that greenlight makes with all the params as a meeting it created.

The issue is by default,  a room that is created, needs to have a user join within 5 minutes or it is ended.

Many integrations, call the create right before every user joins.  Since you can make multiple creates for a meeting, with no adverse effect.

Regards,

Stephen

Srikar Ghone T.I.M.E. Hyderabad

Oct 23, 2021, 7:17:00 AM10/23/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Our requirement is that we will create rooms through Greenlight User Login. And we want to start the rooms through our customized application by using API.

Regards,
Srikar.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Oct 23, 2021, 7:25:42 AM10/23/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

You can also add users/rooms etc directly into postgres with psql commands, and let greenlight handle the actual create/join calls as designed.

Srikar Ghone T.I.M.E. Hyderabad

Oct 23, 2021, 7:30:17 AM10/23/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Our requirement is the reverse, we want to add users / rooms through Greenlight and we want to join using our application.

Regards,
Srikar.

Nikola Z

Oct 23, 2021, 8:27:40 AM10/23/21