BBB 2.5.9 getting error in iPhone

Rajendra Kumar

Jan 21, 2023, 12:56:15 AM1/21/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Dear Team,

I have configure BBB2.5.9 and most of the iPhone user getting ICE 1007 error when they are join meeting and click on microphone.
PFA error screen shot.

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-20 at 8.21.34 PM.jpeg

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Jan 21, 2023, 5:40:01 AM1/21/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

You need a coturn server along with your bbb server to allow all users to connect.

2.6 will have it bundled.

Regards,

Stephen

Jerome Loubens

Jan 23, 2023, 2:56:53 AM1/23/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello
With version 2.6, is the Coturn server the same as the BBB server or do you have to have a separate one?
We have 10 LoadBalancer Servers with 100 Servers behind it, and I was wondering how many connections 1 Coturn Server can accommodate?
Thanks in advance.

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Jan 23, 2023, 8:25:24 AM1/23/23
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jerome,  how many turn servers do you use today?   Are they all behind a single dns that does round robin for your 100bbb servers?

I think in past  1 turn for every 5bbb servers was used by some of the larger scaling projects.

You can test the embedded turn with 2.6beta if you want with this

wget -qO- https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install-2.6-turn.sh | bash -s -- -v focal-260 -s yourdomain.com  -e youremail -w

Not sure what impact this will have on the number of users a server can handle if any.. don’t think the relaying of media is that cpu intensive

This is being tested now and should be an option in standard bbb-install soon I think

Regards,

Stephen

Jerome Loubens

Jan 24, 2023, 10:10:17 AM1/24/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks, I'm just testing how it will work.
Today I don't have a Turn server, but I'm having trouble with iPhone connections.
I will do a test with my LoadBalancer and my servers with version 2.6-Turn.
We agree that the é;--Turn uses a Turn server on the same server as the BBB?
Thanks