Handwriting issue

Fabio

Oct 14, 2021, 10:10:47 AM10/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,

We have an online school and we ofter use handwriting (tablet pen) during our lessons.

We had BBB 2.2 and upgrading to 2.4 we noticed that handwriting got worse: the software recognizes the movements more slowly. It is not a big issue but some of our teacher is having problems. In this video I try to show the issue:

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,

Fabio

Steffen Moser

Oct 14, 2021, 7:26:47 PM10/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Putting

public:
  whiteboard:
   cursorInterval: 40

into your /etc/bigbluebutton/bbb-html5.yml should resolve your problem.

Kind regards,
Steffen

Fred Dixon

Oct 14, 2021, 9:55:47 PM10/14/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fabio,

Thanks for the video.  We did some improvements in 2.3/2.4 to fix some scalability issues with handwriting, which resulted in slightly lower sampling.

We're planning some future work on the whiteboard to return the periodic updates for other users, and along the way we'll look at further optimizing it to restore the 2.2 (or better) accuracy.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Fabio

Oct 20, 2021, 4:09:39 AM10/20/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Steffen and Fred,

Awaiting for new releases of BBB the Steffen suggestion solved the issue.

Regards,

Fabio