Fwd:

Nguyen Quoc Tam

Sep 4, 2021, 12:37:29 AM9/4/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Từ: Nguyen Quoc Tam <quoc...@gmail.com>
Date: Th 7, 4 thg 9, 2021 vào lúc 11:34
To: Frederick Dixon <ffd...@bigbluebutton.org>

Hello Fred!
I installed BBB 2.4-beta-3 on my server and it works fine. However, after I upgraded from BBB 2.4-beta-3 to BBB 2.4-beta-4, it doesn't work anymore, check bbb-conf -check everything works. Can you help me? I sent the error picture.
Thank you Fred!
image.png

Fred Dixon

Sep 4, 2021, 12:43:09 PM9/4/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Nguyen,

Are the users on an iOS device?  There is an issue for this in iOS

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Ali Alhaidary

Sep 4, 2021, 12:48:42 PM9/4/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

This one is for OSX, the one for iOS was confirmed on  https://test24.bigbluebutton.org/ : https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/issues/13153

So we both iOS and OSX with safari have issues.

Ali

Fred Dixon

Sep 4, 2021, 12:53:37 PM9/4/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Ali,

Good news.  We've already fixed this issue and it will go out in the next update to 2.4-beta.

Regards,... Fred

Ali Alhaidary

Sep 4, 2021, 12:56:22 PM9/4/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

So many thanks Fred, is it going to fix 13157 as well ?

Ali

Ali Alhaidary

Sep 4, 2021, 1:27:33 PM9/4/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

The case here Fred is that v2.4 is up and running on one of our production servers for certain group of teachers and students to do a long list of testing. These two issues will hinder testing on all apple devices, iPhones, iPads, macs and laptops as the screen goes blank at start up. I know that we are not doing as much as the dev team, but we do what we can :-)

Ali

Fred Dixon

Sep 4, 2021, 1:57:53 PM9/4/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Ali,

You can actually install this latest build by using the development package repository (it has the latest packages that we periodically push out for the release).

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bigbluebutton.list
deb https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bionic-24-dev bigbluebutton-bionic main

You can also install using bbb-install.sh the latest build packages using '-v bionic-24-dev'.

Regards,... Fred

Ali Alhaidary

Sep 4, 2021, 4:40:40 PM9/4/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks Fred, both issues are fixed with 2.4 rc1 and closed.

Ali