Getting stuck in installation

Mohammad Kazemi

Jan 18, 2023, 3:51:11 PM1/18/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello. Today I tried to update BBB from 2.5.6 to 2.5.11 but I encountered a problem. it gets stuck in the process and just prints some dots. I waited for a long time but it doesn't seem to have any progress.
Changing DNS didn't help. It might be due to internet condition in Iran.
Any suggestion to see where it's getting stuck (any logs or so)?
I attached the screenshot.

Screenshot_20230118_191719.png

Mohammad Kazemi

Jan 19, 2023, 5:38:37 AM1/19/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
This issue was solved by uninstalling BBB packages, then rebooting the server and re-running the script again.
sudo apt remove —purge "bbb-*"

Anton Georgiev

Jan 20, 2023, 11:12:07 AM1/20/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks for posting your solution!!
Anything specific about your setup here? Maybe there are thousands of recordings on the system?

-Anton