Create Error 1007: ICE negotiation failed

MBM 1607

May 16, 2022, 3:29:52 AM5/16/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
I have a live bigbluebutton server without TURN server setup. I have configured a clone of that server with a TURN server for testing purpose.

I need a reliable way to re-create ICE 1007 on live server to ensure that it is resolved after configuring a TURN server.

I have tried throttling the bandwidth but that isn't working. I even tried with different connections and from behind VPNs.

MBM 1607

May 16, 2022, 3:40:37 AM5/16/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
  • 1007: ICE negotiation failed - The browser and FreeSWITCH try to negotiate ports to use to stream the media and that negotiation failed. Possible Causes:
    • NAT is blocking the connection
    • Firewall is blocking the UDP connection/ports
    I read this in the documentation but I am unsure which ports to block from firewall.

MBM 1607

May 16, 2022, 4:22:53 AM5/16/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Never mind, I managed to reproduce the issue by blocking all incoming udp traffic from the server.

sudo iptables -I INPUT -s <server-ip> -p udp -j DROP

Ali Alhaidary

May 16, 2022, 4:34:06 AM5/16/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Just use a vpn app on your client, in most cases it will produce error 1007 if there is no turn server.

Ali

MBM 1607

May 16, 2022, 10:08:13 AM5/16/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Ali, I tried that but the VPN apps that I was using weren't causing 1007 error. blocking udp traffic however gurantees 1007 when there is no TURN server.