Sorting Recordings

Ali Alhaidary

Oct 26, 2021, 6:57:33 AM10/26/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dev team,

With tens of recordings for tens of lessons and courses accumulating on
the BBB server, we need a way to sort these recordings by date, or,
subject, or, notes. Using moodle as front end, the plugin claims that it
supports it, but it does incorrectly. I have raised an issue months back
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-8600?filter=-2 but it seems
that nobody is interested to fix it.

So my question is: Is there a way to do the sorting (even if it was
permanent) directly on the BBB server by editing the metadata.xml file
of the recording or any other way?

Ali

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Oct 27, 2021, 9:23:53 AM10/27/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
https://yourbbb.com/demo/demo10.jsp

for a quick solution for an admin... this page has sorting of returned recordings from get recordings as reference code.

Its possible to modify jsp so getRecordings returned from all recordings on a server.
Its slow... causes potential issues with bbb-web server performance so run in off hours only., but easy way to visualize all the recordings and sort by different columns.

All recordings from all moodle courses would show.... can modify to get other meta data and add/sort other columns as needed.

Regards,
Stephen

Ali Alhaidary

Oct 27, 2021, 1:44:54 PM10/27/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Stephan, however, is this a link or a sample script?
in both cases I could not retrieve. So where getRecordings is located
please, so that I can edit it.

Ali

sd...@distancelearning.cloud

Oct 27, 2021, 2:44:37 PM10/27/21