Problem upgrading bigbluebutton plugin 2.4.7 to 3.0.3

María José Castillo Molina

Jan 20, 2023, 11:25:30 AM1/20/23
to BigBlueButton-dev

Dear along with greeting and hoping you are very well, my problem is as follows. Updating the bigbluebutton plugin from version 2.4.7 to 3.0.3 disappeared all recordings of synchronous classes hosted in Moodle. We have our own server for the bbb so there they would be hosted. Could you solve our problem? Waiting for a prompt response and for no other reason.

Best regards,

Jean Pluzo

Jan 23, 2023, 3:28:38 AM1/23/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

you have to provide more information.
- Did you get any errors during the upgrade?
- Versions of your tools (php, ubuntu, BBB-Version, etc).
- Are your recordings still in the server?

Regards,
J.

María José Castillo Molina

Jan 25, 2023, 11:40:39 AM1/25/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,

There were no problems during the update this was done by moodle automatically.
php version: 7.4
ubuntu: 16.04.6
bbb current version (moodle): 3.0.3
bbb old version (moodle and server): 2.4.7
BigBlueButton Server 2.2.16 (1987)
Kernel version: 4.4.0-210-generic
Memory: 16431 MB
CPU cores: 8
The recordings are still hosted on our servers, the problem is that it does not show them.

Greetings,

Jean Pluzo

Jan 26, 2023, 3:21:37 AM1/26/23
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hola Maria,

we had the same problem but it was worse. We updated the plugin and some recordings weren't there, others showed up in a different course, etc. It was a mess.
You have to look in the bigbluebuttonbn tables in the DB (_recordings, _logs) and compare different values.
For further explanation, take a look at this thread, specially the posts by Jesus: https://groups.google.com/g/bigbluebutton-dev/c/FU8oFqhjADE

Saludos,
J.