BBB 2.4-rc-3 Release -- microphone problem

Praveen Verma

Oct 22, 2021, 3:50:13 AM10/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi today just installed the new BBB 2.4-rc-3 Release with EC2 in AWS with Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS. But after that attendee link can`t see the microphone and listen only icon to join the audio, it`s directly join through listen only mode and in chat windows showing "chat is locked message can`t be sent".

By default attendee icon showing lock mode, once we unlock the same - then its allow to use the microphone.  can someone help me out to by default unlock the user.

Earlier were using the BigBlueButton Server 2.4-rc-2 (2550), but same issue with that and upgrade the same.

Regards,
Praveen

Fred Dixon

Oct 22, 2021, 7:53:10 AM10/22/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
> Hi today just installed the new BBB 2.4-rc-3 Release with EC2 in AWS with Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS.

Looking at this further, is it a clean install or did you upgrade from a previous build of 2.4-beta or 2.4-rc?

Just tried a new install of 2.4-rc-3 on a Digital Ocean 18.04 server.

> But after that attendee link can`t see the microphone and listen only icon to join the audio, it`s directly join through listen only mode and in chat windows showing "chat is locked message can`t be sent".

Have you made any customizations to your setup?

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Praveen Verma

Oct 22, 2021, 10:58:18 AM10/22/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing the information, everything is working except auto recording.
Means it`s not showing recording option, checked in the /usr/share/bbb-web/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties

Regards,
Praveen