Full IPv6 Support on 2.5+

Pablo Pico

Jul 22, 2022, 6:35:07 PM7/22/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello,
I could not make BigBlueButton work with  users with only ipv6.

The audio works okay.
But they can not share webcam or share screen.

In the default.yml / production.yml clearly you can add ipv6 support for freeswitch
But the mediasoup setting only allows one ip
-
plainRtp:
    # announcedIP => it's the host public IPv4 in case the machine is
    # behind a 1:1 NAT
    # ip => the address on which mediasoup will bind its plain RTP sockets
    # This is pretty similar in intent to webrtc.listenIps with two diffs:
    #   - only applies to plain transports (RTP)
    #   - it's not an array, so just one option
    listenIp:
      ip: "0.0.0.0"
      announcedIp: YourIPv4
-
Maybe this is not too bad since most ipv6 users also support ipv4
but i wanted to share this and note that it would be ideal to be able to have more than one ip for mediasoup/kurento too.

Please note that if the user has both ipv4 and ipv6 will not face this issue.

Paulo Lanzarin

Jul 22, 2022, 6:40:31 PM7/22/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Pablo,

> But the mediasoup setting only allows one ip

That's incorrect. You're mentioning the plainRtp config dictionary, which is for internal use only,
so not one that needs to be changed for IPv6 support.

What you're looking for is mediasoup.webrtc.listenIps - that one is an array and supports
multiple IPs, including IPv6.

s,

prlanzarin

elem hsb

Aug 2, 2022, 5:30:22 PM8/2/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
In the past, freeswitch accepts also only ipv4.

A stun server with ipv4 and ipv6 plus the correct config in BBB does the job.

Paulo Lanzarin

Aug 11, 2022, 8:11:13 AM8/11/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
> In the past, freeswitch accepts also only ipv4.

By "also" you're implying mediasoup doesn't do dual stack. It does. See my previous reply in the thread.

Pablo Pico

Aug 19, 2022, 4:43:24 PM8/19/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thank you,
For some reason i missed that was only changing plainRtp