BigBlueButton 2.5.5 [pre]release

Ramón Souza

Aug 12, 2022, 4:25:16 PM8/12/22
to BigBlueButton-dev

Hi all!

We are preparing for the release of BigBlueButton 2.5.5.

We are doing a pre-release -- announcing the list of changes, providing updated test servers (https://test25.bigbluebutton.org/ have this latest build -- client build 2840). Unless a regression is reported in the next few days, we plan on marking this version as the official 2.5.5 version.

We have done preliminary testing and it looks good so far. We will continue monitoring the demo servers for any issues.

We would like to encourage those who want to try out this latest update to upgrade their test server by passing the bbb-install parameter '-v focal-25-dev'.
Alternatively, you can try the demo or test25 servers.

Below is a summary of the changes and a link to the release notes (where more detailed information can be found):

This 2.5 release contains several improvements to learning analytics dashboard, chat, presentation uploader and automated tests.

The full release notes for 2.5.5 are here:
https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/releases/tag/v2.5.5

If you want to report any potential security issues with BigBlueButton, please e-mail us at secu...@bigbluebutton.org

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.
Ramón

Brent W. Baccala

Aug 13, 2022, 11:39:02 PM8/13/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
The prerelease doesn't seem to let me authorize downloads of the default presentation.  I click "Manage presentations", select the icon to allow downloads, it turns green, then I hit confirm, click "manage presentations" again and it's back to being red.  The attendee doesn't get a notification, nor is able to download the presentation.

This is the "Allow and disallow presentation download" test.

    agape
    brent

Ramón Souza

Aug 15, 2022, 10:12:12 AM8/15/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks for reporting! Should be fixed by https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/pull/15534

Fred Dixon

Aug 15, 2022, 12:31:55 PM8/15/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brent!

And we encourage others to try out 2.5.5 pre-release and let us know if you see anything that might not be working correctly.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Ramón Souza

Aug 25, 2022, 1:03:21 PM8/25/22
to BigBlueButton-dev

BigBlueButton 2.5.5 (client build 2846) is now officially released!

Thanks for the feedback to 2.5.5 pre-release!

We have addressed the issues discovered, did more testing and are proceeding with the release.

The test server test25.bigbluebutton.org have been updated to this latest release - BigBlueButton 2.5.5

The full release notes can be found at https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/releases/tag/v2.5.5
You can upgrade your servers by passing "-v focal-250" to the bbb-install.sh command.