Save and retrive data from bigbluebutton database

ioan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 1:38:49 AM9/21/21
to BigBlueButton-dev

Hello,

I want to save extra information for guest users in bigbluebutton database. How could I do this? In which direction should I look? I want to pass data from frontend to backend and then save these in DB. Later I want to retrieve theses data and delete them from DB.

Best regards,
Ioanna

Beri Sela

Sep 21, 2021, 4:02:25 AM9/21/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ioanna,

Bigbluebutton supports some settings for each user by default that you can pass on the join API call as shown here https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/admin/customize#passing-custom-parameters-to-the-client-on-join
If you want to retrieve data during a meeting for a user, you could stringify and pass it in the userID parameter from your frontend and retrieve it later in the meeting in the getMeetingInfo API call.
The data will be cleared when the meeting is ended so no need to delete them.

Regards,
Beri

ioan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 4:43:10 AM9/21/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hallo Beri,

thanks for your answer. I want to have the option of choosing an avatar in Greenlight. My thought is to save the selected avatar of every user in BigBlueButton's DB oder Greenlight's DB and then to retrieve and display them in users' list. This function is not included in API. How could I save the datas in DB?

Best regards,
Ioanna

Beri Sela

Sep 21, 2021, 5:03:43 AM9/21/21
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ionna,

If you’re on BBB 2.3, you can pass the URL of an image on the avatarURL parameter in the joinMeeting call and it will be displayed on the user list.
To do this using Greenlight, you may find the link helpful: https://github.com/bigbluebutton/greenlight/pull/2308

Best regards,
Beri

ioan...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2021, 3:47:10 PM9/21/21
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Beri,

I try to join in  a meeting with API PHP, but it is always redirecting to start page of Greenlight. My URL, where I redirect, is https://mydomain.de/bigbluebutton/api/join?meetingID=ioa-znb-o77-gmq&fullName=testuser&password=12345Abcde&checksum=a91a990f233bc8a1e92a70cd845b53efdce8d6f1 . I use the header() function of php to make the redirection and it redirects to start page of Greenlight instead to meeting room.

Should I change any settings in server?

Best regards,
Ioanna