Annoying log files

Александр Романенко

Dec 23, 2016, 11:35:04 AM12/23/16
to bigartm-users
Dear bigartm users

After every session of work i have a lot of Bigartm log files (errors, info or log files) in working directory. It is annoying for me. Is it possible to turn logging function off or to redirect log files to special directory?

BR,
Alexander

Oleksandr Frei

Dec 23, 2016, 1:24:02 PM12/23/16
to Александр Романенко, bigartm-users
Hi,

Yes, this is possible --- though we need to setup a better API. Currently you have to do it like this:
# Configure logging folder
import artm
lc = artm.messages.ConfigureLoggingArgs()
lc.log_dir=r'C:\bigartm_log'
lib = artm.wrapper.LibArtm(logging_config=lc)

# Change any other logging parameters at runtime (except logging folder)
lc.minloglevel=2  # 0 = INFO, 1 = WARNING, 2 = ERROR, 3 = FATAL
lib.ArtmConfigureLogging(lc)
Please note that logging folder can be configured only once per python process --- this is limitation of the google logging library that we use in C++. When  you create artm.ARTM, artm.Dictionary or artm.BacthVectorizer logging is initialized automatically, so custom logging folder must be set prior to this,

Some more details are here:

Kind regards,
Alex