BigARTM for semi-supervised learning

juliaserebr

Jul 4, 2018, 11:13:33 AM7/4/18
to bigartm-users
Hi,

A part of my data is labeled and I am trying to use BigARTM for classification. If I understand correctly, I should use LabelRegularizationPhiRegularizer, but there is no documentation or examples for it. Do you have any tutorials or documentation for python interface?

Thank you,
Julia

Oleksandr Frei

Jul 4, 2018, 11:40:21 AM7/4/18
to juliaserebr, bigartm-users
Hi,

BigARTM classification is fairly simple feature, but unfortunately there is no tutorial.

Basically, you need to set predict_class_id argument in artm.transform:
  • predict_class_id (str) – class_id of a target modality to predict. When this option is enabled the resulting columns of theta matrix will correspond to unique labels of a target modality. The values will represent p(c|d), which give the probability of class label c for document d.
More details about classification are here:
http://www.machinelearning.ru/wiki/images/d/da/Voron17fast.pdf (setionc IX.B - Multimodal ARTM / The class modality)
First you need to infer topics for a given document. Later, you use
Inline image 1
to find distribution on classification labels. Then for hard classification you take argmax - e.i class with highest p(c|d').

Kind regards,
Alex

Мурат Апишев

Jul 4, 2018, 11:57:40 AM7/4/18