Final days for EIS testimony to Stop Bombing Pohakuloa and end State lease. Deadline June 7th

Jim Albertini

Jun 5, 2022, 8:44:12 PM6/5/22
to big-isla...@googlegroups.com

Final days for EIS testimony to Stop Bombing Pohakuloa and end State lease. Deadline June 7th Please share widely. Mahalo.

E-MAIL:  ATLR-P...@g70.design

Link to all documents for the Draft EIS for PTA can be found here: https://home.army.mil/hawaii/index.php/ptaeis/documents Link to Draft EIS Volume I: https://files.hawaii.gov/dbedt/erp/Doc_Library/2022-04-08-HA-DEIS-Army-Training-Land-Retention-at-Pohakuloa-Training-Area-Vol-I.pdf Link to Draft EIS Volume II: https://files.hawaii.gov/dbedt/erp/Doc_Library/2022-04-08-HA-DEIS-Army-Training-Land-Retention-at-Pohakuloa-Training-Area-Vol-II.pdf

Pohakuloa EIS info on lease of State lands

The 133,000-acre Military Toxic Area (PTA) is located in the center of Hawaii Island at an elevation of 6500 feet.  It's an area that has been bombed and abused by all branches of the US military for more than 70 years. Millions of live-rounds are fired annually at PTA.  A wide range of toxins, including Depleted Uranium (DU) radiation, have been spread throughout the land.  All of us on the Big Island, residents and visitors alike, people, plants and animals, are downhill and downwind from PTA.

Of the 133,000-acres at PTA, the military wants to renew a State lease of 23,000 acres.  The bulk of the land at PTA, more than 84,000-acres were simply seized by a presidential executive order.  I say NO to the lease renewal.  I say yes to require a comprehensive independent assessment of the toxic military mess at PTA, guaranteed federal funds to do a thorough clean up, and the shut down and return of the entire 133,000-acres to the Hawaiian people.  Enough is enough!  Bombing the aina is the ultimate desecration. I urge others to express their thoughts publicly, and to the military Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) process

Jim Albertini Malu 'Aina Center For Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Ola'a (Kurtistown) Hawai'i 96760 Phone 808-966-7622 Email j...@malu-aina.org

May be an image of
          one or more people and text that says 'Did you know ACCORDING
          TO THE MILITARY. BOMBING OUR AINA IS TAKING CARING OF IT?
          @ainamomona'

--
Jim Albertini Malu 'Aina Center For Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Ola'a (Kurtistown) Hawai'i 96760
Phone 808-966-7622 Email j...@malu-aina.org Visit us on the web at www.malu-aina.org