Finally! Justice for George Floyd

Jim Albertini

Apr 20, 2021, 10:22:29 PM4/20/21
to big-isla...@googlegroups.com

FINALLY!

Justice for George Floyd!

george

Means Freedom for us all!

     The jury verdict of "guilty" for police officer Derek Chauvin, on all counts in the murder of George Floyd affirms what we all saw with our own eyes on video and knew in our hearts. George Floyd was murdered and it should not have happened. Hopefully this is a turning point in history to let everyone breathe. Now it is important to pass the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act. This act would ban choke holds, police profiling, no-knock warrants, create a federal registry of police violence, and stop the militarization of police departments. The U.S. House has passed this bill. Now the US Senate must do the same.

      Black, Brown, and indigenous communities continue to live under systematic racism that includes economic injustice, police brutality, disproportionate mass incarceration, etc. that destroys lives on a daily basis. We need to build a society where every person is respected, has an equal voice, equal opportunity, and can feel safe.

      We need to continue the struggle for racial justice. The jury verdict in George Floyd ‘s death is an important step, but the struggle is far from over. George Floyd’s life matters. Iremamber Sykap’s life matters. Lindani Myeni’s life matters. Black Lives Matter. Asian Lives Matter. Hawaiian and Pacific Islander lives matter. All Lives Matter. An injury to one is an injury to all. We have a lot of work to do to build a community, nation, and world with liberty and justice for all.

George Floyd Should Still Be Alive Today!

1. Mourn all victims of violence. 2. Reject violence & war as solutions. 3. Defend civil liberties.
4. Oppose all discrimination, anti-Islamic, anti-Semitic,
anti-Hawaiian, anti-Black, anti-Asian, etc.
5. Seek peace through peaceful means and work for justice in Hawai`i and around the world.

Malu ‘Aina Center for Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Ola'a (Kurtistown), Hawaii 96760

Phone (808) 966-7622 Email j...@malu-aina.org to receive our posts. For more information www.malu-aina.org

April 23, 2021 Hilo Peace Vigil leaflet – week 1021– Fridays 3:30-5PM downtown Post Office

--
Jim Albertini Malu 'Aina Center For Non-violent Education & Action P.O. Box 489 Ola'a (Kurtistown) Hawai'i 96760
Phone 808-966-7622 Email j...@malu-aina.org Visit us on the web at www.malu-aina.org