running big-bench on intel-SAE

林柏年

Apr 16, 2017, 10:57:16 AM4/16/17
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench
Hi, I am running big-bench on 3 Simics-simulated virtual machines(Centos).

The simulated time seems to be so slow that one minute in VM cost 2~3 hours in the real world,

Is there anyone has the same problem or knowing how to solve it ?? thanks.

What I`ve done in Simics:

1. enable real-time mode
2. ethernet_switch0.set-goal-latency latency = 1us
3. sync_domain latency =1us

Michael Frank

Apr 20, 2017, 3:12:53 PM4/20/17
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench
Hi,
this is not realy the right forum for simics realted questions ;-)

Nevertheless, is just googled this myself out of curiosity - no acutal experience - but i found a few interesting things. Maybe they help you.
Simmulation accuracy is probably the most determining factor of your simmulation overhead.
I also read about Simics checkpoints - allowing you to save/restore the state of a simulation (fast forward to). So you can skip ahead to the interesting part, and saving you the time required to "boot up"

Cheers,
Michael

林柏年

May 9, 2017, 4:14:33 AM5/9/17
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench

Michael Frank於 2017年4月21日星期五 UTC+8上午3時12分53秒寫道:

Yes , I did restore the state of simulation by making checkpoint and skip the "boot up" of the Machine

I also tried several ways to let VM Machines to match the real world speed , but it seems not working that well.

Actually, the speed is not I am really concerned. (But it allows me to shrink down the experiment time) After all , I really appreciate your kind assistance

Many thanks,

Bo-Nian Lin