Biffboot v3.10

biff...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 27, 2013, 5:16:02 PM1/27/13
to Bifferboard
I've released the next version of Biffboot: 3.10.

1) You no longer have three different versions, Biffboot now tries to
detect the flash and work for 1, 4 and 8MB devices. I think some
devices that we shipped did have MX (not EON) flash devices, and I
believe that the detection code won't work for those. If anyone wants
to test it I can add that, but I don't see any point bearing in mind
how few we shipped.

2) You no longer have different bootloaders for Qemu and real boards.
The same binary works on both. I admit there are a few 'if'
statements, i.e. it's not done as elegantly as it should be, but it
does save me some hassle.

Note: I've only tested this on a 1MB flash board!

In the usual place, in case you want to try it out:
https://sites.google.com/site/bifferboard/biffboot-community-editions