MED iEEG support/ allowance

Matt Stead

Mar 27, 2023, 6:05:57 PM3/27/23
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I created all the MEF format versions, and have put a great of work into their next evolution called “MED”.  It is substantially better than MEF3, which you currently allow.
I was wondering if we might discuss your also allowing MED.  There are open source Python (den-med-py) & Matlab readers & converters (at darkhorseneuro.com)

Details about MED & associated code library (via GitHub link) are available on medformat.org.

Cheers, matt

MFO-Logo-GIF-small.gif

Matt Stead, MD, PhD
ma...@medformat.org

Stefan Appelhoff

Mar 28, 2023, 4:47:46 AM3/28/23
to bids-discussion
Hi Matt,

thanks for the note. If MED is the official successor to to MEF3, we could consider deprecating the MEF3 format in BIDS in favor of MED. That is, telling dataset curators to please stop using MEF3 and switching over to MED, **without** invalidating existing BIDS datasets that may use MEF3.

I recommend you open a new issue on the BIDS specification GitHub repository here: https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-specification/

Over there it's easier to tag the relevant people and to cross-link to similar issues and items.

Cheers,

Stefan