Formation of the BIDS Online Presence Working Group

Eric Earl

Apr 26, 2024, 11:51:57 AMApr 26
to bids-discussion
I am writing you, the BIDS Community, to make our formation of the first BIDS Working Group official. The BIDS Steering Group has approved this working group. BIDS governance states "working/interest group formation is formalized through an open letter via a “read-only” Google Document addressed to the BIDS Steering Group." (working group formation governance here).

Here is our read-only Google Doc addressed to the Steering Group. Thanks to the team for making this happen!

As part of this working group we are extremely happy to announce we already got BIDS into the Google Season of Docs program this year. Special thanks to Christine Rogers for all the advising on the project proposal and a HUGE THANKS to INCF as our organization sponsoring the work, without whom we couldn't improve all this BIDS documentation! To read more about the project, feel free to read the project proposal on INCF's website or all about Google Season of Docs.

Eric Earl
Data Scientist, NIMH Data Science & Sharing Team

Tolulope Samuel Oladele

Apr 30, 2024, 1:18:36 AMApr 30
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dr. Eric,

Regarding the BIDS working group, I noticed one of the aims is to improve the accessibility of the landing page to give a more user-friendly experience to users. In case the working group is still open to more hands, I have experience in web design and development, and I can also assist in making that aim a reality. UI/UX design is part of what I sometimes do apart from computational neuroscience.

Please let me know what you think of the matter. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tolulope Oladele

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---