BIDS-connectivity - Postdoc fellow opportunity

Franklin Feingold

Feb 7, 2022, 1:10:13 PM2/7/22
to bids-discussion

REPLY TO: Franco Pestilli <pest...@utexas.edu>

Dear Friends and colleagues

We are looking for an enthusiastic fellow to join us at UT Austin for a 2-year project funded by an NIH R01 by the BRAIN initiative. The project focuses on open science and data sharing standards.

We are set to extend the Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) to cover brain connectivity data. Our efforts will focus on describing and integrating advanced connectivity derivatives from three primary data modalities: Diffusion-weighted, functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and anatomical MRI. Here you can find a full description of the project. BIDS has become an exciting standard and the community is growing large: https://bids.neuroimaging.io/

A few papers relevant to the project are below:

We would appreciate it if you could share this email with your trainees and younger colleagues. The project has a broad reach and could be a great base for developing further projects related to human neuroscience, neuroinformatics, computer science and machine learning depending on the interest of the applicant.

Best regards,

Project Leader
Franco Pestilli

co-Investigators
Russ Poldrack, Stanford University, California, USA
Ariel Rokem, University of Washington Seattle, Washington USA
Theodore Satterthwaite, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA

Other Personnel.
Franklin Feingold, Stanford University, California, USA
Eugene Duff, Imperial College, London, UK
Cyril Pernet, Neurobiology Research Unit, Denmark
Robert Smith, Florey Institute, Australia
Oscar Esteban, Lausanne, Switzerland
Matt Cieslak, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA