Problem with uploading addition B0 acquisition to dwi data

Mikael Novén

Jan 29, 2021, 3:32:31 AM1/29/21
to bids-discussion
Dear all,

I'm attempting to upload a dataset to openneuro.org with DWI data. In addition to the DWI data, I've acquired an addition b0 volume with reversed phase encoding. However, I get validation errors caused by the b0 volume. I have tried three approaches:
1) Simply including the sub-XXX_acq-rev_dwi.nii.gz + .json in the dwi folder. This generated an error because it didn't have corresponding .bval and .bvec files.
2) Adding .bval and .bvec files with zeros. This generated "The number of volumes in this scan does not match the number of volumes in the corresponding .bvec and .bval files." There is only one 0 in the bval file and a row of 0 in the bvec file and only one volume was acquired.
3) Following the example from "The Reading Brain Project L1 Adults" dataset on openneuro.org I attempted to put it in an fmap-folder. I was surprised that this dataset was flagged as valid since it didn't follow the specification and it did not work for me. I guess the  validation step or standard might have changed?

I am thankful for all and any help.

Best regards,
Mikael