BIDS-PET request for comments - closes on Friday (Jan. 22nd)

Franklin Feingold

Jan 11, 2021, 1:17:46 PM1/11/21
to bids-discussion
We are happy to announce that the Positron emission tomography BIDS extension is finally nearing it’s completion. Hence, we are seeking final community feedback for the PET BIDS standard. We are looking for feedback on GitHub and specifically to the BIDS-PET extension proposal. We have also developed an extension for the validator and added PET examples into BIDS examples

This BIDS extension seeks to establish how PET data and additional metadata are organized within the BIDS structure. This encompasses the recent guidelines for brain PET data in publications and in archives provided in the consensus paper (Knudsen et al. 2020), including blood and metabolite data.

The final review entails a two week period for public commenting, with a possibility of extension for unresolved discussion. Once public comments are concluded, there will be a one week freeze, during which only critical issues will be considered. (Please see our release protocol for more details)

We are looking forward to hearing from you,
Melanie Ganz (BEP 009 lead) and team

Chris Gorgolewski

Jan 11, 2021, 1:23:38 PM1/11/21
to bids-discussion
Congratulations to everyone involved - fantastic to see this work being almost done.

Best,
Chris

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Franklin Feingold

Jan 19, 2021, 5:30:41 PM1/19/21
to bids-discussion
Hey BIDS community,

The community review period is open to submit your feedback on the PET (Positron Emission Tomography) extension! We have extended our community review period to Friday, February 12 at 11:59pm (pacific time). The updated draft is available for review at: https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io/en/bep-009/04-modality-specific-files/09-positron-emission-tomography.html , and comments and suggestions may be submitted on GitHub at: https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-specification/pull/633

Thank you,
The BIDS team

mganz

Jan 25, 2021, 3:52:22 PM1/25/21
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com

The Neurobiology Research Unit at the Copenhagen University Hospital (www.nru.dk) in Copenhagen, Denmark, is seeking an experienced and motivated scientific software developer. The applicant would work within a dynamic team of researchers with expertise in brain imaging, specifically molecular brain imaging, and will be part of the OpenNeuroPET project, which will establish a data-sharing platform for molecular imaging data.

Desired skills and experience:

You should have a strong knowledge in scientific software engineering and possess a PhD degree in neuroscience, computer science, statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics or a similar degree.

Additionally, you should ideally have:

  • Experience in the use of data standardization formats, specifically BIDS
  • Experience in scientific management of databases
  • Knowledge and experience working on ethics and GDPR
  • Track record of working ʻopenlyʼ
  • Extensive programming experience including in at least one of Python, MatLab, or R as well as basic knowledge of JavaScript

 Hiring conditions:

  • Salary is competitive and will correspond to qualification
  • Four year position starting in spring/summer 2021

  Interested?

Visit https://nru.dk/index.php/vacancies or contact me directly under mganz AT nru.dk

Franklin Feingold

Feb 8, 2021, 2:42:46 PM2/8/21
to bids-discussion
Hey BIDS community,

The community review period is open to submit your feedback on the PET (Positron Emission Tomography) extension! The review period closes this Friday, February 12 at 11:59pm (pacific time). The extension proposal can be viewed here: https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io/en/bep-009/04-modality-specific-files/09-positron-emission-tomography.html, comments and suggestions may be submitted on GitHub: https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-specification/pull/633

Thank you,
The BIDS team