EHDS and BIDS

julius welzel

Dec 12, 2023, 7:32:41 AM12/12/23
to bids-discussion
Dear all,

I was wondering if there are any ongoing efforts to have BIDS included in the European Health Data Space (EHDS). Recent BIDS publications (Ganz & Poldrack, 2023, among others) mention EHDS in conjunction with BIDS, so there might already be some ongoing discussions.

Best,
Julius

Dr Cyril Pernet

Dec 12, 2023, 7:58:09 AM12/12/23
to 'julius welzel' via bids-discussion

As far as I am aware there is a schema in EBRAINS to integrate BIDS, since EBRAINS serves as template for EHDS, I guess it should take BIDS data (although EHDS is everything and anything medical, so the brain imaging niche BIDS thing is likely at the bottom of the priority list)

cyril

--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

wamc...@gmail.com
https://cpernet.github.io/
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4010-4632

Melanie Ganz

Dec 12, 2023, 8:00:48 AM12/12/23
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com, Pernet, Cyril
Dear Julius,

so the only thing I can say about this is that the details about what EHDS will be are very unsure, especially clinical vs. research. That's also why I felt that we need to mention it in the commentary, but cannot give any details yet.
On the research side, EBRAINS - the pan-European organization that kind of is the followup of the European Human Brain project - is still developing and it is not really clear to a lot of people what it will be able to do - also not to me and I am the EBRAINS representative for my university here in DK. ;-)
We are actively pushing towards BIDS in this and my colleague Cyril Pernet, a member of the BIDS steering group, is part of the new funding for EBRAINS (you can read some details here: https://nru.dk/index.php/news-menu/453-nru-part-of-new-eu-infrastructure-grant-for-e-brains-2-0) and is obviously pushing for BIDS there too.
Regrading the clinical side, where the idea presented to the EU parliament was to share clinical data and records, I have no idea what the developments are.

If you are interested in this, please reach out to us and we are eager to try and find out more and understand the different mechanisms better as well.

Kind regards,
Melanie
--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.
---

Yours sincerely

Melanie Ganz-Benjaminsen
Forsker

Direct: + 45 35 45 67 18
Mail: melani...@nru.dk

Neurobiology Research Unit

Rigshospitalet, building 6931
Juliane Maries Vej 28, 3rd floor
DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark

Phone: +45 3545 6712
Fax: +45 3545 6713
URL:http://nru.dk

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.