Replacing the ce entity in BIDS 2.0

Taylor Salo

Feb 6, 2021, 5:09:25 PM2/6/21
to bids-discussion
Hello all,

The PET BEP has proposed using the "acq" entity to label tracer compounds, because the BEP leads (understandably) feel that using the existing "ce" entity would be confusing for PET users. However, given the similarity between PET tracers and MRI contrast agents, I would like to find a common entity to use for both, even if it has to wait until BIDS 2.0.

In the bids-2-devel repository, where we propose backwards-incompatible changes to be added in BIDS 2.0, I have opened an issue about replacing the "ce" entity with one that works for both MRI and PET. However, I don't actually use exogenous contrast-enhancing agents in my research, so I know next to nothing about that kind of MRI. If possible, it would be great if anyone with experience with contrast-enhanced MRI (and the "ce" entity) could join the discussion at https://github.com/bids-standard/bids-2-devel/issues/46

Thanks,
Taylor Salo