TOF MIP and SWI How to organize and name?

dian...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2022, 10:13:20 AM3/9/22
to bids-discussion
Hi All,

I have some protocols that include TOF MIPS images and SWI images.
Can you advise me on how to organize and name these?

Thanks,

Dianne

Taylor Salo

Mar 10, 2022, 12:59:00 PM3/10/22
to bids-discussion
Hello Dianne,

Susceptibility weighted imaging and maximum intensity projections are not currently supported in BIDS, but there is an extension proposal that adds both. It's called BEP004 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kyw9mGgacNqeMbp4xZet3RnDhcMmf4_BmRgKaOkO2Sc). It's not under active development, unfortunately, but I think it's also pretty mature. I would recommend using the proposed suffixes, entities, metadata, etc. from that BEP. It won't be BIDS compatible, and you'll want to include the files in your bidsignore file, but it should be much closer to BIDS than anything else.

I think there's an angio suffix in BIDS that you can use for your TOF data.

I hope that's helpful.

Best,
Taylor