Hyphens vs underscores

Chris Gorgolewski

Mar 25, 2017, 9:08:24 PM3/25/17
to bids-apps-dev
Hi,

I realized that using underscores (for example in --participant_label)  in BIDS Apps command line arguments schema is unusual and departs from other command line tools (for example GNU). It's merely a convention so it really not a big issue, but we can change it if people want ( it would require modifying all of the existing apps though). What do people think?

Best,
Chris

Gabriel Devenyi

Mar 25, 2017, 9:16:10 PM3/25/17
to bids-a...@googlegroups.com

I'm all for making things as GNU/Unix-like as possible

Guillaume Flandin

Mar 27, 2017, 8:06:09 AM3/27/17
to bids-apps-dev
Hi,

I also prefer hyphens. This topic was already mentioned last year:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/bids-apps-dev/cRLqtQbg8fo/cXj8yKY-BwAJ

Best,
Guillaume.

Hi,