group/condition analysis - to include in new BIDS app or not?

Daniele Marinazzo

Jul 18, 2018, 4:59:01 PM7/18/18
to bids-apps-dev
Hi

we are completing the implementation of a BIDS-app which produces three parameters (HRF shape) for each voxel.

These parameters can then be compared across groups/conditions, or linked to behavioral measurements.

My question is: should we include these group statistics (t-tests, an(c)ova, nonparametric equivalents etc) in the app, or is it fine/better if users get the results (3D .nii files) for each subject/condition and then they do the statistics that they want with their favorite tool?

If we should implement the group stats ourselves within the BIDS-app, is the implementation in BrainSuite the most appropriate one https://github.com/BIDS-Apps/BrainSuite/blob/master/README.mdhttp://brainsuite.org/bssr/ (using R code), or are there other choices?

thanks!

Chris Gorgolewski

Jul 29, 2018, 6:00:47 PM7/29/18
to Daniele Marinazzo, bids-apps-dev
Hi Daniele,

Sorry for the late reply.

I see the appeal of being able to do A-Z analysis with one tool, but I would definitely recommend reusing existing software to achieve this. In addition to the tools you mentioned it might be worth looking into nistats <https://github.com/nistats/nistats>, and filtlins <https://github.com/poldracklab/fitlins> which supports the BIDS Model specification https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bq5eNDHTb6Nkx3WUiOBgKvLNnaa5OMcGtD0AZ9yms2M/edit#heading=h.4xwnp2872y57

Best,
Chris