FW: Weekly Digest #596 22 October 2021

Catherine Muyawala

Nov 9, 2021, 2:52:14 AM11/9/21
to bidini...@googlegroups.com

Weekly Digest

Issue: 596

22nd October 2021

View online

This week

New forum posts

RE: New webinar series: Deploying an electronic LMIS: Making the right choice

Dear colleagues,

You can now register the fourth session of our TechNet-21 webinar series on "Deploying an electronic LMIS: Making the right choice

Session #07: Introducing DHIS2's last mile eLMIS module

Date/time: Thursday 28 October, 15:00 CEST

Registration: https://who.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3dDFgsDISFCGZzefXViPBw

To continue the discussion or ask your questions, feel free to reply to this forum post or to join our new telegram group dedicated to Immunization Supply Chain https://t.me/joinchat/RuajXXs201pmOTdk

All links to recordings, presentation slides, as well as additional resources for all sessions of this webinar series will be made available in our dedicated page: https://www.technet-21.org/en/topics/elmis

Moderator

22/10/2021

Supply chain and logistics

TechNet server security incident

Earlier this month, on October 1st 2021, it was discovered that the security of the TechNet web server had been compromised by an unknown entity. The site was immediately taken offline while a team of security professionals cleaned and secured the site. This process took about six hours to complete.

The attack targeted an insecure component used by our web content management system and appears to have been fully automated. The TechNet server has now been secured and steps have been taken to prevent this kind of attack from happening again. We have no evidence for - and no reason to believe - that user data was exposed. However, we cannot rule out the possibility, and therefore we encourage all TechNet members to update their passwords as soon as possible. We also recommend that all new passwords follow established password security best practice.

To update your TechNet password, sign in to the TechNet-21.org website and go to the Edit profile page: https://www.technet-21.org/en/profile/edit-profile

If you have any questions or concerns about this incident, please contact the TechNet-21 Moderator (mode...@technet-21.org).

Dan Brigden

21/10/2021

Global initiatives

[TechNet-21]</

Highlights of CMEW on PMPT & Screening Tests

Dear viewers

            we wish to share the sucess story with thne viewers in response to the "call" by the STF Chair of Karnataka.

            In view of achieving the targets set for End TB by 2025 under NTEP India [viz: Incidence-44, Prevalence-65, Mortality-3 per lakh population per year, Zero catastrophic cost; elevating the annual declining rate from 2.5% to 10%]  National Strategic plan has incorporated PMPT and screening.

            For obtaining the reliable outcome from the screening tests, adequate operational knowledge, skills and stringent maintenance of quality of the lab reagents, temperature considerations of specimen and reagents, interpretation of the results as per negative / positive cut off’s,  periodic & regular calibrations of the equipments / appliances are mandatory to take accurate decisions for appropriate actions and interventions.

            Several operational gaps were observed in performing 120year old TST and the recent IGRAs, seriously affecting the results and the linked diagnostic decisions. Hence, the State Task Force Committee, NTEP of GoK initiated CMEW on PMPT; TST & IGRAs, the first one was held at JJMMC, Davangere on 16th Sep followed by the second one for all the DTOs, WHO Consultants at NTI Bengaluru on 29th Sep 2021. OM was sent to all the Medical Colleges for conducting similar CMEWs inviting Dr Narayana Holla, Prof & HOD, Department of Community Medicine, KVG Medical College as resource person who has already conducted the above two workshops.

            Charity begins at home. Dr Neelambikai Natarajan - Dean KVGMCH took the lead and 4 sessions of CMEW was held in KVG Medical College hospital mainly for the Post Graduates           (75 of  86 attended) and interns (113 of 128 attended) and 2 students also proactively attended [totally 190] as shown in the table given below.

Table showing date wise participation of delegates KVG MCH.

Date wise participation

09-10-2021: Pg's=  20; Interns: 19; Students: 2.  Total: 41

11-10-2021: Pg's=  12; Interns: 34; Students: 0.  Total: 46

12-10-2021: Pg's=  25; Interns: 42; Students: 0.  Total: 67

13-10-2021: Pg's=  18; Interns: 18; Students: 0.  Total: 36

      Grand Total: PGs=75; Interns=113; Students=2=190

             Pre and Post tests were conducted, feedback was also taken. All have expressed their desire to know more about the screening tests and have agreed that CMEW enriched their knowledge. Dr Nagappa, Senior Post Graduate from the Department of Pediatrics expressed in his feedback that the CMEW was “the real GOLD of Gold In Tube (GIT) test”.

            I am greatly indebted to all the makers / doers & the participants from JJMMC till date.

            Way forward: As aspired by the STF Chair, I hope, all the DTOs and TB Nodal Officers, WHO consultants will offer more and more opportunities to replicate the CMEWs throughout Karnataka.

A few Phots depicting all 4 sessions attached.

Best wishes

Dr Narayana Holla & Team

Department of Community Medicine

KVG Medical College & Hospital

Sullia, Dakshina Kannada

Karnataka, India

Narayana Holla

19/10/2021

Global initiatives

[TechNet-21] [TB]</

Primary health care cold chain challenges and integration survey

This sounds very interesting Joseph, and I there will be a good response to your request. Will the results be made available here (TechNet)? If yes, do you have any indication of the timeline? Thanks

Hendrik

18/10/2021

Supply chain and logistics

New resources

Annex E8. Nested RT-PCR for measles

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex E7. Protocol for measles genotyping with M13 primers (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex E1. Real-time RT-PCR for measles vaccine strains

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex D2. Supplemental information for optimal laboratory design

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex D1. Levey–Jennings control charts

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C10. Agarose gel electrophoresis with measles and rubella synthetic positive controls

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C9. Phylogenetic analysis (MEGA v7 or X) of measles and rubella sequences assembled using Genestudio

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C8. Measles & rubella sequence assembly (editing) using GeneStudio

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C7. Rubella sequence analysis for genotyping using MEGA v5.05

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C6. Measles sequence analysis for genotyping using MEGA v6.06

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C5a. Rubella sequencing worksheet for Annex C5

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C5. Rubella sequencing protocol for genotyping (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C4a. Measles sequencing worksheet for Annex C4

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C4. Measles sequencing protocol for genotyping (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C3. Protocol for rubella genotyping RT-PCR, Invitrogen Superscript III (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C2a. Worksheets for Annex C2, C3

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C2. Protocol for rubella genotyping RT-PCR, Qiagen (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C1a. Worksheet for Annex C1 (Qiagen and Invitrogen Superscript)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex C1. Measles genotyping RT-PCR (CDC)

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Annex B12c. RuV Real-Time Layout

Author: Mick N. Mulders

Published: 2020

Link: View

Upcoming events

27

Oct

WHO COSTING, BUDGETING, FINANCING AND DELIVERY OF COVID-19 VACCINES - Mini-cPIE lessons Learned Highlights and Regional Perspectives

27th Oct 2021 10:00AM - 27th Oct 2021 11:30AM

Latest jobs

Consultancy, Conduct Desk Review on the Status-Quo of Zero Dose Children in the LAC Region - UNICEF, Panama

Location: Panama

Deadline: 01 December 2021

Website: View

Consultancy: Web Writer & Editor (Health and Immunization) - remote-based initially, full time - UNICEF, NYC, USA

Location: NYC, USA

Deadline: 23 November 2021

Website: View

Individual Contractor : Project management for coordination of Immunization Portfolio - Thai Nationals only -, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO), Bangkok, Thailand

Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Deadline: 26 November 2021

Website: View

National Consultant-Immunization Waste Management Rapid Assessment - UNICEF, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Deadline: 25 November 2021

Website: View

Senior Manager, Forecasting - Gavi, Geneva, Switzerland

Location: Geneva, Switzerland

Deadline: 21 November 2021

Website: View

Latest Blogs

Register for the EYE Annual Partners Meeting today!

Save the date: 25th to 27th October 2021

Moderator

21/10/2021

EYE Strategy

5th Annual EYE Partners' Meeting

Dear EYE partners and colleagues,

We are looking forward to our joint participation at the 5th Annual EYE Partners’ Meeting on 25, 26 & 27 October 2021 between 15:00 and 18:30 (Geneva Time).

Please register...

Moderator

20/10/2021

EYE Strategy

Register for Webinar, "Behind the Numbers: Building Community Trust in Vaccination"

International Vaccine Access Center

20/10/2021

International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC)

EYE September newsletter - register now for our annual meeting

 Register now for the EYE Annual Partners' Meeting

Moderator

19/10/2021

EYE Strategy

Designing supply chains to meet the growing need of vaccines: evidence from four countries

Immunization supply chains (iSCs) move vaccines from manufacturer to point of use with the added complexities of requiring cold chain and an increasing need for agility and efficiency to ensure vaccine quality and availability. Underperforming iSCs have been widely acknowledged as a key constraint to achieving high immunization coverage...

IAPHL

18/10/2021

IAPHL News Archive

Register: AIRA Interoperability Course Module 1: Connecting Systems

Moderator

15/10/2021

AIRA

!--You have received this email because you are signed up to the TechNet-21 Weekly Digest.
-->Unsubscribe