Volunteers Needed for BIDA New Year’s Day Dance 2023

Persis Thorndike

Dec 27, 2022, 3:11:23 PM12/27/22
to bida-volunteers
Hello, you all!

I hope you all have had warm, gentle and peaceful winter holidays. I am happy to say that I finally got a negative rapid test for Christmas! December was rough for me, but this means that I get to see you all at our New Year’s Day dance next Sunday! We have a fabulous band, Emily Troll, Noah Fishman and Max Newman, playing tunes for dances called by Tony Parkes. Here’s a bit of contra dance trivia; Tony taught me how to waltz when I was 14…

We will need our round up of volunteers for the usual slots:
Set-up, 6:15-done; 1 person
Early door, 6:30-8; 2 people
Mid-door, 8-9; 2 people

We depend on you all to help these dances run smoothly, and appreciate every one of you each time you step up to volunteer.

Please let me know which shift you can take, and of course, you’ll dance the rest of the evening on us. You can reach me by return email, our fb group, or by text or phone to 508-282-0089.

See you on the dance floor! Let’s make 2023 an even better year together.

Persis

Persis Thorndike
BIDA Board, Volunteer Coordinator
Per...@Thorndike.name

Persis Thorndike

Jan 1, 2023, 12:22:55 PM1/1/23
to bida-volunteers, pers...@gmail.com
Happy New Year to all of you!

I have done my rapid test (still negative! Hooray!) and will see you all tonight! I cannot wait to see people and dance, starting the year out on the correct foot.

BIDA does depend on volunteers to make our dances run smoothly and I/we appreciate every one of you. I do know some people don't decide til the last minute to attend our dances, but I have some empty shifts for tonight; 1 early door slot (6:30-8), and 2 late door slots (8-9).  I'll be hall managing and will not be able to sit the door the entire time.

Please let me know if you will be attending and if you can take a shift.

Much love to you all,

Persis

Sent from my iPhone

Persis Thorndike
BIDA Board, Volunteer Coordinator
508-282-0089 voice & text

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."  --   E. B. White

On Dec 27, 2022, at 3:11 PM, Persis Thorndike <pers...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, you all!