BIDA Open Band this Sunday (5/15)

Jeff Kaufman

May 10, 2022, 4:32:52 PM5/10/22
to bida-musician...@googlegroups.com
This Sunday we have our first open band of the year: come play with us!

Debby Knight will be leading.  We will be playing from our standard tune list with the addition of following tunes:

Gigue du Salon (A)
Le Tourment (G) (starting on G chord section)
Moon & 7 Stars (D)

Reign of Love
Star of Munster (Am)
Union Street Session (D)
Fleur de Mandragore (A)
St. Antoine's (A)
Aimee Gagnon (G)
Reel Bijou (D)
Grumbling Old Man & Woman (Am/A)
Arizona (G)
Spotted Pony
Shove That Pig's Foot
Speed the Plow

While BIDA now requires high-filtration masks (N95 etc), if you play an instrument that isn't compatible with wearing a mask (flute, clarinet, etc) you may remove your mask while playing, provided you take a rapid test either right before leaving home or when you get to BIDA.  If you don't have a rapid test, we can provide one.

If you have your own mic or pickup, bring it along.  We prefer to mic everyone if we can, and then let the sound person find the right levels for the dance.

See you Sunday!

Jeff

Jeff Kaufman

May 11, 2022, 3:11:59 PM5/11/22
to bida-musician...@googlegroups.com
Hi Musicians,

I wanted to follow up to clarify that it's fine to come and play even if you don't know all the tunes or can't play them at dance speed. We are happy to have people come and follow along as best as they can.

If you want to try out playing some without dancers, you're also welcome to come to tomorrow's tunes party: https://www.facebook.com/events/3088876004658524/

Jeff