Open Band for Family Dance and Evening Dance Sunday 6/16

BIDA musician announcements

Jun 8, 2024, 4:13:40 PMJun 8
to BIDA musician announcements
A week from Sunday both the family dance and evening dance will be to open bands, and we'd love for you to come play with us!

The family dance is 5:30-6:30.  It's pretty low stakes: no one is mic'd, it's on the floor with the dancers, and we'll play easy tunes.  We'll play "Sasha", "La Bastringue", and a bunch of repertoire tunes like "Road to Boston", "Mairi's Wedding", and "Coleman's March".  Rick Kaufman will be leading the music.  It's followed by a potluck, at 6:40.

The evening dance is 7:30-10:30, and we'll be playing from the BIDA Open Band Tune List: https://www.bidadance.org/open-band-tune-list Casey Murray and Molly Tucker will be leading the music.  We'll be micing the musicians, so if you have a clip-on or something else you normally use, please bring it along!  If you don't have a mic and would like to be amplified, though, we do also have a bunch of mics on stands. The evening dance is mask-required when you're not on the stage.

Jeff Kaufman

Jun 11, 2024, 5:27:40 PMJun 11
to BIDA musician announcements
Likely tunes for the family dance: La Bastringue, Gallopede, Jenny Lind Polka (played AB), Road to Boston, Coleman's, Sasha, Sandy Boys.

Jeff