Hi

Franknoel Njubuin

Apr 3, 2024, 8:21:15 AMApr 3
to bicycletouring
Greeting

aeroperf

Apr 28, 2024, 7:41:21 AMApr 28
to bicycletouring
Greetings, Franknoel
What bikes do you ride?  Where do you like to tour?  Do you know of any really good rides?

For example, I use a KTM Sorento for heavy touring (multiple overnight camping, and a Soma Saga or a Rivendell Sam Hillborne for light tours (credit card tours).
I lived in Germany and have done mostly European canal paths or rails-to-trails, But am trying to convince my wife to do the Great Allegheny Passage in the USA.

This group is not a hotbed of posting like it once was, but if you ask a touring question, I bet they will rise to the answer.

Lparker_0254

Apr 28, 2024, 8:08:23 AMApr 28
to bicycletouring
The GAP, and the C&O Canal, are nice.  If you can do a day or two layover in/ near Ohio Pyle there are three Frank Lloyd Wright houses in the vicinity that are worth a visit, especially Falling Water.  One of them is also available for lodging.  Plus other interesting things all along the trails. Some great guides and journals are out there.

I tour on a Bianchi Volpe. It does the job. If the chainstays were longer I wouldn't have to be so careful with weight distribution, but it is not a big problem. Just one trip, with no front panniers, taught me the lesson. A few almost wheelies" and I started standing and leaning over the bars on climbs.  🤪 keep your heaviest gear  BETWEEN the dropouts, duhh.

Larry, in Cincinnati

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone#