Fw: [ok-bike-society] New OBS Blog Post: Fred Kamp Appreciation Party – Sun. July 24

Jim Foreman

Jul 22, 2016, 2:15:55 PM7/22/16
to Touring List, Mark_Hoagy

On Friday, July 22, 2016 12:27 PM, "Oklahoma Bicycle Society okbike...@gmail.com [ok-bike-society]" <ok-bike-soc...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Fred_Kamp_2015
On November 28, 1973, The League of American Wheelman (forerunner of the League of American Bicyclists) issued a Certificate of Affiliation to the Oklahoma Bicycle Society and thus OBS as we know it was formed.
In 1974 Sid and Lonnie’s Mystery Ride was organized and met every Saturday at the Will Rogers Tennis Center parking lot for “easy riding.”  In 1976 the name of this ride was changed to the Donut Ride with an average of ten riders each Saturday leisurely riding to Brown’s Bakery for donuts and coffee and then riding back.
The modern day Donut Ride, better known as the Fred Kamp era, saw the leadership of the ride being assumed by Fred Kamp in July of 1978.  Fred has faithfully served as Saturday Donut Ride leader since that time and after 38 years and nearly 2,000 Donuts Rides we wish to tell Fred how much we appreciate his years of service to the cycling community.
A recognition party in his honor is being held Sunday, July 24th, 2016, at the Will Rogers Park Garden Center at 36th & I-44, Oklahoma City. The event starts at 11 am and ends at 1 pm.
OBS will be providing the drinks. Browns Bakery will be providing the cake, decorated with Fred’s customary statement: “Leave in an Orderly Fashion”. You are invited to bring snacks or finger food to share with your fellow cycling friends.
Hope to see you there!

via The Oklahoma Bicycle Society http://ift.tt/2a38NuX

Posted by: Oklahoma Bicycle Society <okbike...@gmail.com>

Visit the OBS web site at www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com
NOTICE: To remove yourself from this list, send a blank message to:
   ok-bike-socie...@yahoogroups.com