Jim and Freda Forman

Mark Boyd

Aug 5, 2021, 4:59:48 PM8/5/21
to bicycletouring
Jim Foreman, my long term friend who I first 'met' on the bicycle touring list at phred.org in the mid '90s,  sent me a link to his wife Freda's obituary today. I met, and stayed with, Jim and Freda in 1999 on my first east to west transam. I last stayed wlth them in their retirement place near Fort Worth on my last transam in 2011. I'd have to go read through all of my transam journals between 1999 and 2011, to count up how many times I stayed with them in Oklahoma and in Texas, but their home was a stop on most of my rides across the US.

I don't know how many people who still read the bicycle touring list knew Jim and Freda, but, if you did, you were lucky to have known them. Very good people.

Jim email addresses have given me some problems this past year. but jimf...@att.net is the one that google says is from his google profile. I also have jimf...@yahoo.com

bplists

Aug 5, 2021, 5:44:07 PM8/5/21
to bicycle...@googlegroups.com

His stories were great as well from airplanes to his OK bicycle club tours.

I think his email was hacked at some point.  I don't remember exactly but for awhile I was getting nonsense.  But that went away awhile ago so I guess he got it fixed.

bp

AdamK

Aug 5, 2021, 6:21:14 PM8/5/21
to Mark Boyd, bicycletouring

Thanks Mark, so sad to hear. I tried to send Jim a message and both the email addresses that you posted bounced?

Adam K.

Mark Boyd

Aug 5, 2021, 6:33:33 PM8/5/21
to touring

             Mark

I had that problem with Jim's email addresses earlier this year. At this point, I don't know how to get email to him.

             Mark

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 6:19 PM Adam K <adamka...@outlook.com> wrote:

Thanks Mark, so sad to hear. I tried to send Jim a message and both the email addresses that you posted bounced?

Adam K.

Robert Tilley

Aug 5, 2021, 8:52:26 PM8/5/21
to bicycletouring
I've been thinking about Jim recently and was hoping he was ok. This is sad news to hear.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Jeremy Kindy

Aug 5, 2021, 9:38:23 PM8/5/21
to Robert Tilley, bicycletouring
Jim regularly posts cooking videos with stories on YouTube, which I really enjoy. His channel is https://youtube.com/c/JimForeman if you want to drop by there.

Safe travels all.

Jeremy

hpvluve...@aol.com

Aug 6, 2021, 12:14:19 AM8/6/21
to mark...@gmail.com, bicycle...@googlegroups.com
I remember Jim and his cooking. Here is the obituary if anyone is interested https://www.robertsfamilyfuneral.com/obituary/Freda-Foreman

Aug 6, 2021, 8:22:55 AM8/6/21
to hpvluve...@aol.com, mark...@gmail.com, bicycle...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Mark for sharing this sad news.

Jim Foreman was the first person on this list to answer my question , "What advice can you offer for someone who is interested in bicycle touring. How do you do it?" In part, he answered, " Get on your bike. Ride all day. Find a place to sleep. Wake up in the morning and repete." Of course he had lots of other excellent advice but that really was a catalyst for me at a time when this list was very active.
He also had a great sense of humor as you will see when you watch his videos. He once posted an electric wheelchair race which he organized at the retirement community in Texas when he and Freda moved there from OK.

If Jim reads this I send him and his family my most sincere condolences and best wishes for healing. Ninety years is a long run but it still hurts. Freda had a long life and with so many grandchildren and GREATgrandchildren I would like to imagine a lot of love and support as well.

Get out and ride, my dear friends. Enjoy life and appreciate every moment.  It's later than you think!

Bryan
Amherst, MA

Bill

Aug 6, 2021, 12:54:15 PM8/6/21
to bicycletouring
Jim was and is an inspiration.  One of a kind.  Never met face to face, but had many interactions back in the Phred days.  Sad to hear about his wife.