Seculite

Larry Parker

Nov 12, 2020, 4:19:11 PM11/12/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com

I have a nice Seculite, that mounts easily on my seatpost. With cold weather coming on, and the WUCA Year Rounder Challenge that I love doing,, I have mounted a Carradice Barley bag that blocks the light from the Seculite.   I thought I could mount it on my seatstay, but I don’t see how to do that.  Do I need to get a different light?  A SECULA?

  I have battery taillights, and the bag has a loop that holds them in an ideal spot, but I want the security of the dynamo light, too.

Larry Parker

Cincinnati

Peter White

Nov 13, 2020, 7:20:53 AM11/13/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
I used a Seculite Plus for years on my Rambouillet, mounted to the left seat stay. I used a Cat Eye mount sized for the seat stay, and a Busch & Müller Cross bracket. The Cross bracket is intended for mounting a fender mount taillight to a cantilever stud. The Cat Eye mount substituted nicely for the cantilever stud. I only stopped using the Seculite Plus when the Secula taillight became available.

Peter White

Larry Parker

Nov 13, 2020, 8:12:16 PM11/13/20
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com

By the time I buy the brackets, and mess with all that, I think I would rather get the Secula, or the “Meuw” ??  and just move the Seculite onto our tandem.

Looks like I will be placing a call to a little bike shop in New England on Monday . . .