New Cargo Bike - chain, cassette - help!

Tim Tetrault

Aug 2, 2019, 1:19:58 PM8/2/19
to Bicycle Lifestyle
Hello Bicycle Lifestyle Friends-

Just purchased a used Yuba Mundo v.3 - it needs a new chain. I'd like your advisement on

1. Can I build a 158 link chain out of 2 SRAM chains? (instead of having to pay a Yuba pre-made mail order premium)
2. The rear derailleur is a SRAM X-4, this should be able to accomodate a 32 tooth big gear 7 speed cassette, yes? (SRAM shifters are 7-speed version)

Thanks,

Tim

Devin

Aug 2, 2019, 1:26:59 PM8/2/19
to bicyclelifestyle
Yes, you can take 2 chains and make one long chain

If being a city planner and a daily cyclist makes one a "biased bike advocate", then every planner & engineer who drives daily is a biased automobile advocate.

"If you design a city for cars, it fails for everyone, including drivers. If you design a multi-modal city, it work better for everyone, including drivers" - Brent Toderian

“We found that if you make more road space, you get more cars. If you make more bike lanes, you get more bikes. If you make more space for people, you get more people and of course then you get public life.”

“A person on a $30 bike is just as important as a person in a $30,000 car.” Enrique Penalosa

"If you have no choice but to drive everywhere, you haven’t failed, your city has failed you.

Transit isn’t just about buses and trains, it’s about designing a city that works for everyone and that is more walkable and accessible"

“Places for people flip the road hierarchy and tell motorists that they are the guests.” - @JSadikKhan

“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.”

-          H.G. Wells

Tom Dusky

Aug 5, 2019, 4:11:10 PM8/5/19
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com
Yes, 2 chains you need a chain tool to get the correct length use the quick links to join them.

Tom Dusky
Huntington Woods Michigan