Carmina Cranks compatability with 12spd Chorus

Paul Jacobs

May 27, 2022, 12:02:55 AM5/27/22
to Bicycle Lifestyle
I am about to spec a new custom steel road bike and would like it to retain a reasonably classic look. The current carbon cranks are just a visual turn off to me. I am wondering if the TA Carmina cranks would work with the new 12 spd Chorus drive train.  I do realize that since the chain rings are not pinned they may shift a bit slower but that is not in any way a deal breaker for me.
Thanks in advance for any input you may have regarding this.
Paul

Larry Parker

May 27, 2022, 1:57:11 PM5/27/22
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com

Have you looked at the Rene Herse stuff?  NICE!

Steve Palincsar

May 27, 2022, 2:00:00 PM5/27/22
to bicyclel...@googlegroups.com

It really doesn't get any more "CLASSIC" than the Rene Herse crank.  And someday, the 12 speed cranks will be back in stock.

.
--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia

Paul Jacobs

May 27, 2022, 7:49:58 PM5/27/22
to Bicycle Lifestyle
The Herse cranks are a consideration as they look lovely but I do like the idea of not being locked into one supplier/manufacturer for chain rings.  I'm
hoping Peter will chime in with his thoughts on this in the coming week.